What is new in Prolaborate 5.0.0 ?
Build number V126.96.36.199
Upgrade - SQL Schema
Upgrade - MySQL Delimit Schema
Installation - SQL Schema
Installation - MySQL Schema
Prolaborate Macro for Confluence
Confluence Data Migrator
🌟 Lifecycle Roadmaps (Learn More)
- The advanced lifecycle roadmap is a powerful method for showcasing the status of various architectural artifacts, such as applications, capabilities, or projects. It plays a pivotal role in the Application Portfolio Planning providing a clear and concise overview of their lifecycles.
🌟 Dynamic Charts - One Chart Multiple Reports (Learn More)
- Over the years, we have observed that our customers rely heavily on charts to visualize data. Furthermore, we have noticed that many users create multiple charts for the same object and each chart displays different data points.
- Dynamic Charts will reduce such redundant efforts and will offer more intuitive reports for users to analyze information based on various attributes. Users can pick the data they would like to see on the go. This enhancement allows for greater flexibility and efficiency in data representation.
- Dynamic Charts can be enabled in the following chart types:
- Bar (Regular and Stacked)
- Column (Regular and Stacked)
- Landscape charts representing multi-level hierarchical information
🌟 Card Widget(Learn More)
- Users always prefer curated and succinct insights from complex architecture information, to focus on important aspects of the business.
- Card Widget allows architects to highlight business information and key metrics from model in your dashboard Designed to highlight vital metrics like cost, numbers, counts, and text, the Card Widget allows for concise and visually appealing presentation of key information.
- Our business users highly appreciate this widget for providing valuable insights into crucial aspects, including Total Cost Of (TCO) applications, applications count based on key attributes, percentage of high-impact applications and much more.
🌟 Rich Text Editor for Dashboards (Learn More)
- We have introduced an advanced Rich text editor, to enhance documentation in dashboards. This new editor replaces the HTML editor widget and offers improved functionalities and benefits to users who require custom texts and formatting options. The Rich Text editor significantly enhances the appeal and presentability of dashboards to stakeholders. With additional features that simplify the editing documentation content in dashboards, it becomes the ideal choice for text and image presentation.
🌟 Rich Text Editor for Email Templates (Learn More)
- The Rich Text Editor is now also available for customizing email templates. This new editor provides enhanced functionalities and benefits for users who need custom texts and formatting options, making it easier to customize emails.
🌟 List Views and Inline Editor for Easy Model Updates (Learn More)
- ‘Inline editing using a simple list view, powered by metadata to allow context-based model editing’
- List views, designed to resemble Excel-like interfaces, have always been the choice for stakeholders when it comes to viewing and updating model information. Whether it's the task of viewing and updating applications, managing data entities, or modifying requirements and use cases, the combination of list views and inline editors has consistently delivered the most sought-after user experience.
- The List view and inline editor is enabled in all key model viewing capabilities of Prolaborate.
- Viewing artifacts (or child elements) of a package
- List of Elements listed based on charts and reports
📤 Security Enhancements
- Certain vulnerabilities identified during the vulnerability assessment have been remediated.
📤 Enhanced Package Overview Page (Learn More)
- The overview page has been enhanced to provide insightful information. The enhanced page presents all child artifacts in a list view format beneath the selected object. The page offers a more comprehensive view of the object and its related artifacts.
📤 AD & ADFS Sync Setting (Learn More)
- Existing Prolaborate teams that have configured user management via AD and are planning to migrate to ADFS can benefit from this new feature. During the migration process, administrators now have the option to choose between synchronizing settings based on AD group settings or ADFS group settings. The permissions will be set accordingly based on the selected option.
- In the current version, AD groups work based on Just In Time, while ADFS does not yet have this feature implemented.
📤 Other Improvements
- Feature Search – A handy tool for users to identify newly added features and existing features via search.
- Share and other functionalities work smoothly when including two distinct widgets within a master widget.
- Confirmation window now works as expected across application.
- Input field validations have been added to multiple areas, including the report configuration, EA reports definition, chart definition, connector definition, placeholder, and query definition pages.
AD & ADFS Merge
🐞 In version 4.4.2, we introduced the capability to merge AD and ADFS accounts. This allows current Prolaborate users with AD accounts to smoothly transition to ADFS. However, we identified an issue where users who were removed from AD user groups could still access the application. We have promptly resolved this issue in Prolaborate V5.
🐞 After the upgrade from V3 to V4, the previously configured email notification settings for reviews and discussions are retained.
🐞 The random toggle button visible on the notification page has been removed.
🐞 When traversing between elements, the property window displays the expected element name.
🐞 The "Back to Previous Element" field on the properties page retains the expected element name when clicking the back button.
🐞 Connector information is now accessible from the traceability section.
🐞 Switching between the minimized view and maximized view within reports retains the stereotype dropdown value.
🐞 The email template page no longer freezes after modification.
🐞 Prolaborate admins can now enter a database password of up to 250 characters.
🐞 Reviews with the state "archived" are displayed as expected.