Users can work on Prolaborate as per their access permissions.
This article will help you understand how to manage users and user groups.
You can manage your Users from the User page. Click on Menu > Users to go that page.
Manage Users page displays the list of users in the current repository. You can do the following from this page:
- Add new users
- View and edit details of existing users
- Manage the users invited for Collaboration
Add New System User
To add a user to the repository, click on Add Users.
In the Add User to Repository page, you can add an all new user, add users from other repositories or add users from Active Directory
Add New System User option is used to add a new user to Prolaborate and to this repository.
To add a new user,
- Enter the Email address of the new user
- Enter the default Password. The user will be asked to change this password on their first login.
- Specify their First Name and Last Name
- Please enable the Reservation option if you want this user to be a reserved user. If this is disabled, the user will only have limited access to the repository. Please note this option is not applicable Enterprise License users
- Enable Require EA Authenication if you want this user to be prompted for Enterprise Architect credentials when opening this repository. Please note this option will be enabled only if EA Security is enabled for this repository.
- Enable Admin option if you want to make this user an Admin
- Click on Submit and the user will be added. A welcome email will be sent to the user.
Add Users from Other Repositories
Use the Select existing users if you want to add the users whom you have added to other repositories. Select the users you want to add and click on Add icon.
Add from Active Directory
Note: Active Directory must be configured to enable this option.
Select the Add from Active Directory option to add users/groups from the Active Directory (AD).
To add an AD user, select By User option
- In the AD Browser, select the AD path and the users available in the selected path will be listed under AD Users section on the right
- Select the users you want to add and Add icon will now be enabled
- To add the selected users to a group, select the group in DefaultGroup dropdown
- Enable the Reservation option to add the selected users as Reserved users
- Click Add icon to add the selected AD users
To add an AD Group, select By Group option
- In the AD Browser, select the AD path and the groups available in the selected path will be listed under AD Groups section on the right
- Select the Groups you want to add
- Click Add icon to add the selected AD Groups
All the users inside the AD Group will be given the access permissions assigned to the group.
After you have added the users, click on Back to List of Users to go back. Manage Users page will now show the latest entries.
The table shows the following details:
- The Type column shows the Type of user. There are three types of users. They are:
- Prolaborate Admin – Administrators with complete access to the application
- Registered Users – All users except Admin and AD users belong to this type
- Active Directory User/Group – User or Group added from Active Directory
- Status shows you whether the User is Active or Inactive. If the status is Inactive, he/she will not be able to login to their account.
You can click on Expand to view complete details of an user.
In the expanded view, you can
- click on Send Password Link to send a password reset link to the user.
- set a onetime password using Set Temporary Password. The user can login to Prolaborate using the temporary password but he/she will be prompted to change the password.
- Click on Edit to edit the details of the user.
Manage Invited Collaborators
All the users who have been invited for Collaboration using the Invite Collaborators option will appear here.
User groups help you treat a set of members as a single entity. This will be useful while assigning access permissions to packages or dashboards. You can assign access at once rather than assigning access one by one to individual users.
Add User Groups
To go to the List of Groups page, click on Menu > User Groups.
List of Groups page displays the list of Groups in the current repository.
To add a group, click on Add Group.
Fill the following details and click on Submit to create a group.
- Mention the Name of the group
- Add the Users whom you want to be part of this group
- Enable Require EA Authenication if you want the users of this group to be prompted for Enterprise Architect credentials when opening this repository. Please note this option will be enabled only if EA Security is enabled for this repository.
- Set the status – Active or Inactive. Please note making the group as inactive does not make its members inactive. If a group is inactive, the permissions given to that group will be revoked and that group will not be available anywhere in the system.
- Select the Feature Sets you want this group to have access to. For example, if you select Dashboard Management, this group members will be able to add, edit, delete and set default dashboards
Manage User groups
The newly created group will appear in the list now.
To view the details of a group, click on Expand icon. You can edit all the details of a group.