Deliver Value, quickly! Unleashing the Potential of Application Rationalization in Complex IT LandscapesAPM - Overview Talk to us Get Started with your APM Journey
Get started with Application Portfolio Management solution with a comprehensive accelerator package that enables users to embark on their journey. Seamlessly dive into managing your application landscape using The Essential Architecture (TEA) Toolkit built based on industry best practices and insights requested by CXOs worldwide.
Application Portfolio Management (APM)
A holistic view of business applications in an Enterprise landscape for better application rationalization
A centralized and managed inventory of applications with clarity on responsible stakeholders, associated Cost of Operations, technological obsolescence, lifecycle, data classification, security risk and other key attributes will real-time key insights to the stakeholders to drive key business decisions.
Why is Application Portfolio Management Important?
- Make data-driven decisions on whether to invest, sustain or replace your business applications.
- Application rationalization can lead to cost-savings of more than US $2 million in a single enterprise. (Infosys)
- License optimization results in 30% savings on licensing costs. (Gartner)
- The average global company can save between 20% and 30% of its IT budget by retiring redundant applications.
- At least 10% of IT project costs can be avoided through application rationalization. (Oracle)
- Currently, 75-80% of IT budgets are spent on operating and managing applications. (Science Direct)
Sparx Architecture Platform features to drive your APM usecases
Catalogue your application inventory
- Get started by importing existing application, domain, owner, project and services information from Excel or connect to your external systems using the RESTful API.
- View a transparent list of Applications and all its key attributes and interdependencies.
- Filter, slice and dice to find the applications of your interest and analyze in detail.
- Role specific views to have a focussed interface to view and update Application information.
- Analyse and map Application dependencies to domain hierarchy, stakeholders, owners, organizations and other key architectural constructs.
Enable insightful analysis of applications
- Comprehensive Analysis tools to answer key Business queries.
- Ascertain the Total Cost of Operations of Applications in various lenses to track the effectiveness of your IT investments.
- Drive assessments based on various application attributes to determine the fit and outlook for the Application in the rationalization exercise.
- Show how your applications support and enable the business by linking them to the functional domains and sub-domains that drives business functions.
- Link applications to the micro-services that it consumes or the in-flight projects that will impact the application in the transformation program.
Build, present and communicate transformation roadmaps that presents enterprise-wide Application outlook and transformation progress. This summary view will allow stakeholders to take decisions for a broad range of factors such as changes in the market, enterprise strategy, objectives, and architecture.
Advanced Project and Application Roadmaps is a key aspect of the Application Portfolio Rationalization. This offers the following benefits
- Provide stakeholders with transparency to monitor and track status of transformations and lifecycle.
- Multiple factors could drive change in Lifecycle of Projects and Applications, The Roadmap illustrates how Applications and Projects shall change across multiple time-horizons.
- The Roadmaps can be sliced and diced based on various attributes of the Application to provide a wider context for decision-making.
- Scope Application Rationalization efforts based on various Application attributes such as criticality, data classification, hosting type, Business Unit, IT unit and much more.
Design tailored rationalization viewpoints
Configurable dashboards to design the most appropriate rationalization viewpoints to cater to specific stakeholder expectations
- Use TIME categorization to prioritize opportunities for portfolio improvement using business and technology fitness, risk and cost.
- Use the Domain Hierarchy map to identify functional capabilities alignment with Applications, and identify risks, redundancies and threats.
- Get an overview of data flows and dependencies between applications through provided and consumed interfaces.
- Identify candidates for rationalization with pre-defined reports helping analyze the costs and value of each application.
- Apply the Gartner TIME methodology (Tolerate, Invest, Migrate, Eliminate) to categorize your portfolio and find rationalization candidates.
Enhance your architectural journey with our APM package. Schedule your demo now!