How to enable HTTPS connection in Pro Cloud Server?
August 26, 2020
- Download and Install the 32-bit OpenSSL utility in the application server where Pro Cloud Server (PCS) is installed. Download link here
- .pfx file of an SSL certificate with its password. You can get this from your IT team
- Open the desired port for PCS in the firewall. You can open the standard HTTPS port 443 if you are planning to configure PCS on it
- Log in to the Application server
- Copy and paste the .pfx file in the bin folder of Open SSL (typically located at C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\)
- From the same bin folder, run OpenSSL.exe with administrative privileges
- The below window will open
- Update the following command, copy it, and paste it in the window and click Enter.
pkcs12 -in [certificate].pfx -out server.pem -nodes
[certificate] refers to the name of your .pfx file. For example, if the .pfx file name is prolaborate.pfx, the command will be
pkcs12 -in prolaborate.pfx -out server.pem -nodes
- Enter the password of the .pfx file when prompted. You will get a Verified OK message on the window.
- Close the OpenSSL.exe window
- server.pem file would have been generated in the same folder
- Copy the server.pem file and paste it in the Pro Cloud Server Service folder (typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\Service\)
- Open SSProCloud.config file in the same folder with edit privileges
- Update the second occurrence of SERVER_PORT from 805 to 443 (Standard port number of HTTPS connection) and REQUIRE_SSL to 1
- Save and Close the SSProCloud.config file
- Restart "Sparx Systems Professional Cloud" service from the Task manager
To do a quick check whether the setup was successful, enter the IP address or domain name of the server along with the port (For example, https://[PCS domain name]:[Port]) and check if you are seeing the following result.
Here are the steps to do a cloud connection.
- Open Enterprise Architect installed on your computer
- Once EA is open, click on Cloud Connection under Start page. The following window will open
- Enter the detail of the model you want to open as per instructions below
|| Enter a self-explanatory name
|| Select https
|| Enter the domain name or IP address
|| Choose 443 or the port you have configured
| Model Name
|| Enter the name of the model (I.e. Alias name configured Pro Cloud Server)
- Click OK
- The model will open (If Security is enabled, you will be prompted for credentials)
Learn more here