The sign-up feature allows anyone from your organization to quickly sign up and gain access to Prolaborate.
This will be really useful if Prolaborate is hosted on your premises; you can just share the Prolaborate link and ask your colleagues to sign up.
This will save Prolaborate admins from a lot of manual work of adding users one by one.
This article explains how to enable guest signup option for admins and how to sign up for users.
Prerequisite: This feature will work only if you have configured Mailer.
Configure Sign-up Settings
Click on Menu > Guest Sign Up Settings.
Enable Guest Sign up.
Then choose the level of access that needs to be given to the users signing up on their own.
You can choose any one of the following options:
- Give access to all repositories – The users will be given access to all repositories
- Specify access – The users will be added to the user groups you have specified after selecting the repositories. They will get access as per the access given to those groups
Once the Guest Signup is enabled, there will be a new tab introduced in the Sign In page as shown below:
Your users can follow these steps to sign up:
- Select Guest option in the Sign-In page.
- Fill in all the details and click on Get Access.
- They will see the following message on the page and you will receive the activation link in their email.
- Once they click on the link from their email, they will be redirected to Prolaborate.
- They can then Sign In to Prolaborate with the credentials they used while signing up.