A Prolaborate user's ability to view, edit or collaborate on Enterprise Architect models will be based on the level of access they have.
This article explains how you can grant/revoke access rights to a user or a user group.
Configure Access for Users or User groups
Choose this mode if you want to grant different kinds of access levels to different parts of the repository to different users and groups., Go to the Access Permissions page by clicking on Menu > Access Permissions
To grant access to a user or group:
- Select the package/element from Repository Browser
- Select the User/Group to whom you want to give access
- Choose the Type of Access. There are four types of Access:
- Read Only - Users can only see what is happening in Prolaborate
- Read and Write - Users can read and update EA models
- Read and Collaborate - Users can see EA information, and can participate in discussions but cannot edit EA models
- Read, Write and Collaborate – This gives complete access to users
- Click on Add icon
- SelectApply Recursively option to give access to all elements and packages under the selected package
The following image shows the rights granted to various users and user groups.
The rights given to a user/group can be revoked by clicking on the Trash icon against their name.
View Invited Collaborators
This is the list of users who are invited to collaborate on a particular package or diagram or element.
Configure access for Repository
Choose this mode if you want to grant same access level to all users and that too for the complete EA project.
Sections configuration will be ignored if you choose this mode.