A Prolaborate user's ability to view, edit or collaborate will be based on the level of access they have. These access permissions can be set through this feature.
This article explains how you can grant/revoke access and preview access rights to a user or a user group.
Grant Access to a User or Group
To grant access to a user or a group, go to the Access Permissions page by clicking on Menu > Access Permissions
To grant access to a user or group:
- Select the package/element from Repository Sections
- Select the User/Group to whom you want to give access
- Choose the Type of Access. There are four types of Access:
- Read Only - Users can only see what is happening in Prolaborate
- Read and Write - Users can read and update EA models
- Read and Collaborate - Users can see EA information, and can participate in discussions but cannot edit EA models
- Read, Write and Collaborate – This gives complete access to the Prolaborate
- Click on Add icon
- Selecting the Apply Recursively option ensures that the user will have access to all of the elements within the selected package
The following image shows the rights granted to various users and user groups.
Preview Access Permissions
Preview By User shows the packages and artifacts that the selected user has access for. Select a user to see their access permissions.
The rights given to a user/group can be revoked by clicking on the Trash icon against their name.
View Invited Collaborators
This is the list of users who are invited to collaborate on a particular package.
Note: If you wish to invite someone to collaborate on an artifact, you can use the Invite Collaborators option under the Share option.