Setup and Configuration
Cloud solution design
Here is the cloud solution design when hosted using AWS.
- Prolaborate and Pro Cloud Server are hosted on an application server
- Prolaborate database and EA repositories are hosted on a database sever
- Different zones are chosen to host application and database servers
- Database server is hosted on a private subnet i.e., it is not accessible over internet and is highly secure
What are our responsibilities?
AWS Responsibility - “Security of the Cloud”
AWS is responsible for protecting the infrastructure used to run the services they offer. The infrastructure is composed of the hardware, software, networking, and facilities that run AWS cloud services.
Our Responsibility - “Security in the Cloud”
We’re responsible for
- necessary security configuration,
- management of the guest operating system (including updates and security patches),
- configuration of firewall.
Which database server is used?
By default, MySQL database servers are used to host your EA repositories. This can be changed as per your requirements
How many EA repositories are setup in Cloud?
2 EA repositories are setup in the cloud by default.
Where are the backups stored?
Backups or snapshots are regional services. So, a snapshot taken would be available in all availability zones.
Multi-AZ database servers
Amazon RDS Multi-AZ deployments provide enhanced availability and durability for RDS database (DB) instances, making them a natural fit for production database workloads. When you provision a Multi-AZ DB Instance, Amazon RDS automatically creates a primary DB Instance and synchronously replicates the data to a standby instance in a different Availability Zone (AZ). Learn more here.